The ERASMUS MUNDUS Master Course (EMCC) in Ecohydrology will create highly specialized professionals in the area of Integrated Management of Aquatic Ecosystems and Resources (IMAER) based on the Ecohydrology approach and principles, able to generate applications, models and tests of the relationships between ecosystem functions and stressful factors impacting on aquatic ecosystems. Such professionals will have a profound understanding about the ecological and hydrological processes and their crucial and integrated role in ecosystems functioning, as basis for designing and implementing long-lasting sustainable and restoration solutions for aquatic ecosystems.
- Strengthen the exchange of experience between state members in the application of the Ecohydrologic concept .
- Establish common methodologies towards an integrated management of water in Europe and disseminate those ideas (by means of both lecturers and students) to the state members.
- Strengthen the connection of Europe to third countries and consolidate the position of Europe as leader in environmental and water issues.
- Disseminate the European vision of environmental sustainability to third countries, demonstrated by the legislation framework adopted in water a coastal zone matters.
- Disseminate European Culture to third countries